Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

The Present & Future of Railfanning
ecrrchris

The Present & Future of Railfanning

It was a clear night, temparture was in the low 70's at the Fullerton, California Amtrak station on April 7th 2003.

An east bound BNSF manifest train bound for Barstow, CA sits on the center track awaiting a new crew to take her the remaining distance of the journey.

A father brings his son over to see the train in a effort to satisfy the persistant request from the son of "Daddy can we see the Choo Choo"

Chris
This shot is GREAT! I think I would have made it just a hair darker, but it still is Super! Film or Digital??
I think you should submit that to some Rail magazine.

I think it might have been more likely that the Dad took his son there because he wanted him to see the train, not the other way around. Nice photo.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the comments. The kid practically dragged his dad over from the nearby resturant, but it could have been the other way also. I know I will be taking my kids to see trains in the hopes that they catch the railfan bug :cool:

Media information

Category
Night Photos
Added by
ecrrchris
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back