Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CTRW Prince Albert
Whenever I go to Prince Albert to catch CTRW action I see nothing! But railfan the CN mainline at Chappelle JCT in Saskatoon and look what the cat dragged in. Sure looks like the backwoods of Prince Albert though, had I stood on the other side the city skyline would instead form the background.

August 7th, 2008
From MP 1.00 Warman sub
5:20pm CTRW 772 (S/B)
CTRW 1004-1064, 22 hoppers
Not much happens in Pa, except for grain handling. The two GP10s are the last CTRW engines, the units on the meadow lake line are rentals. Its sad to watch CN and CP pull out and then the mill close, not much happens via rail these days

R
Kermit, what about engine 3372? Is it still based out of Shellbrook?

I'm not sure, talked to the guys back in feb after they got home from a midnight run from S'toon and they said they only have the four rentals on the old meadowlake line. Last summer I saw them derailed near Leask, looks to be GP40s all blue, one of them is in PA though I have yet to get any pics.

Oh, just checked 3372 is in pa still in its omnitrax livery...it sits in the yards with the windows boarded up and spray paint marks out its dynamic brake system, so I'm not sure if they were having problems or what?

R
Kermit, thank you so much for this info. I saw GMTX 2686 myself, being forwarded north on CN 453 about a week ago, March 3rd to be exact. Definitely enough reason for me to visit the area again (I've come through the last two summers). How accessible is Shellbrook? Couple units parked there hopefully. It's too bad CTRW wants to start tearing it up in a couple weeks.

Not much in Shellbrook last time I check, was out there about two months ago to get some pics of the elevators and there was a long pulp train being stored there. To my knowledge most of those cars made it back to PA last month but there may still be some there. I haven't seen motive power running in shellbrook since the days of CN...

R
Kermit, does CTRW keep units in Shellbrook though?

R
Guess the power & spreaders/snowplows are based out Meadow Lake then. Never mind, irreverent now that the mill closed yesterday.

Media information

Category
Regionals and Shortlines
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back