Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CP guest on CN
R

CP guest on CN

• Romet
CN 2523-5602-CP 5673, 5673 being forwarded to LTEX after being auctioned off by CP in August.
See Elijah's better lit version: http://tinyurl.com/8g485v
R
Sorry, you came when all the good stuff started coming through. Including 560 turned 520 with 1438 leading 9566. Two of my favorite units, together look real ugly though, a true couple.

C
I wounder what is going on with CP Rail having CN Power now? It ir because they cut back big time?

chanloner, CN owes CP major horsepower-hours and I supsect they're starting to repay it.

R
Tyler, I'm wondering how CN accumulated such debt. Until today I've never seen CP units on CN, in the US perhaps? Now a really dum question, if CN is landing CP units to pay off their debt, why are they at the same time borrowing this CP unit? (increase debt back up!) Plenty of CN SD40 type engines stored system wide due to the economic downturn (GTW & IC units mostly). Similarly CP has two SD40-2's stored here in Sutherland.

CP 5673 had been sitting at the diesels shops at Walker Yard in Edmonton going on about 3 weeks now. I asked one of my Trainmasters and apparently CN has been buying some of CP's old units. Note that its missing its number boards, and it has unit info signs taped to the windows.

Roman, most of it has been accumulated out west. CN has been using CP power that arrives in North Vancouver on Co-production trains for yard jobs and transfers to Thornton yard for weeks on end. CN has even sent CP power up the BC Rail to Squamish...twice.

R
Good call CNRailCDR, looking at close-ups (I do have more photos), there's a paper note on the side and door windows, missing bell and number boards as well. No sign of an NREX style patch anywhere yet.

If CN bought it, and it's going east, then it's probably going to Transcona or MacMillan for some sort of work.

Media information

Category
Canada
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back