Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Unknown railcar at Blosberg
While waiting for a train at Blossberg, I happened to catch sight of this unusual tank-trailer-on-rails thing. My best guess is it is related to MoW in someway, but I'm not totaly sure.if you know otherwise, go ahead & tell me so I can make a more accurate description.
Looks like either a propane or water tank that belongs behind a rail heater on a rail gang. Ours look a little more weathered then this one.

Also could be a water tank for the section crews that follow rail grinders to put out any small fires created.

I suspect it's a water car for two reasons.

1) The large opening on top.

2) No lettering, any propane tank would be prominently lettered identifying it as holding propane, and also no smoking signs would most likely be attached.

Media information

Category
Maintenance of Way and Non-Revenue Cars
Added by
Empire Builder
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back