Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Trainer?
pcarrell

Trainer?

All I can figure is that this is a trainer headed to somewhere. Notice that the cab has some sort of lighting post next to it. The loco has no wheel trucks under it and a very light frame. A strange load for a truck indeed!
Microsoft Train Simulator 2.0 Ultimate Edition. Now available online for only $449,999.95 (plus shipping and handling) Full control simulation package, and an earth shaking subwoofer in the short hood... Sponsored by Consumer's Energy since it requires 12.2 kilowatts to run. :rolleyes:

OK, serious answer, it looks way too legit to be anything but the real thing. Those lights on the side are pretty standard stuff for remote control locomotives in industry settings, so that's what they're for. Looks like the carbody for some sort of industrial switcher, though I can't specify the make and model since I'm not really that well versed on them.

The lights on the side are usually found on a remote control engine. Trucks underneath may have made the engine too high for bridges, I'll bet they're on another truck. That would be a nifty little industrial switcher.

OK on the lights, but what about no louvers on the hood? Also, I couldn't help notice that it's painted in the new GE green loco colors. Battery powered maybe? And the light frame?

I didn't see the trucks on another semi, but then it was rush hour so maybe they got seperated in traffic.

A
Comsumers Energy is a utility in Michigan, I believe this is their new switcher to replace their SW1200.

Media information

Category
Lease Units, Demonstrators, Specials etc.
Added by
pcarrell
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back