Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CP 1555
After a recent graduation from the paint shop, this old Geep sure looks good. Today it's extra special, since instead of a GP7u/9u or two GP9u's, he's switching with a GP38-2, quite strange since it's not remote control equipped.

It's only a matter of time before the paint fades and stains develop (http://tinyurl.com/2p757o), but for now he shines. Note the crew in the cab, multi-color warning labels up front (if you can read them it's too late!) and the electronic bell. The only thing missing is ditchlights, a number of newly painted GP9u's have them.
Russian,

Where were you when I worked the 2300k West End Monday to Friday? I kept looking, but never saw you!

I meant to tell you, the only unit in a beltpack consists that has the Beltpack Components is the unit with the strobe lights. In this case the 1555... Don't let the new paint deceive you - the unit doesn't work to well.

The lead unit receives commands from me, via the OCU, or the box. The computer on the 1555 then tells the unit what to do, whether it be braking, horn, throttle, or sand, etc. On one rare occasion I had an SD40-2 in my consist, but that was just because the second unit was send to Moose Jaw for repairs and maintenance.

So when you see the boys with an irregular consist, it's usually because something blewed up. I like it when thing blewed up. I also have broken the 1555 on several occasions - mainly due to the lack of maintenance, things just break.

Adioz.

R
I don't railfan that late at night. LOL. But I do hear the East yard switcher at night with the windows open. I know all about new paint and engine problems, no relation what's so ever. My grandpa is a retired RR safety inspector in Ukraine - engines there are re-painted very often, once every 5 years sometimes (shops pride is very important, while labour+material is cheap), yet mechanically no one bothers to touch them, so they break down a lot.
I guess that's why 1568 is stored in the shops, as a 5th unit, in case a GP7u/9u breaks down and needs to be sent to Moose Jaw. Yesterday as I'm sure you know, 1501 went down on 542, so 1568 steped in. Sure beats using a GP38-2 again!

I love to railfan at midnight when CTRW arrives in town, however I'd love to take a ride in an engine, its been years, last time was back in 1998 when CTRW was brand new.

R
Midnight? Wow, must be taking a while getting into town then... Today CTRW 771 departed Chappell JCT N/B @ 3:00pm

She got in early, I caught her around seven or so. Usually I see her/hear her round 11 to midnight.

Media information

Category
Canadian Pacific
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back