Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CP office car?
Generally RR's are a big buyer of trucks from SUV's, pick-up's and heavy duty. Then there are vans, police cruisers, but a regular sedan? This is the first one I've seen marked in RR paint. What a great paintjob it is, your regular white Chevy Lumina, with a beaver decal added. No hi-rail equipement, inventory #, safety stripes or lamp added. If I didn't see it used by RR staff, I'd assume this was a railfan's car, since adding a decal of your favorite RR to your car is not hard to do.

You can see a bit of CP's PNL in the background.
R
Police Cruiser? That's odd, I thought only Crown Victoria's qualified for the job. Then again we don't have any on CP in town anyway. I know who drives the car, just look at the name marked on the parking stall...

Believe it or not, CP Rail finally found it somewhere in their meticulous budget to hire a second cop for all of Saskatchewan. That's right, how many thousand miles of track, and only two active constables for the CPR Police Service. A little hint, he doesn't drive a cruiser, but he has legal authority to pull regular people over and dish out any traffic ticket he finds fit. Few know it, but only the RCMP and CP Police are sworn into some silly thing for some other silly thing. I forget what it's called, but that it why the CP Police carry handguns... because they are a federal police force like the RCMP. That's what I was told once, but I might be mistaken.

R
Only two in all of Saskatchewan? Wow. I've met 6 CN officers at separate times in Winnipeg alone during 2004-05, so I thought there was many more. I know what he drives, as we've talked before and yes, he does read these forums, so be careful what you post. I was not aware he could hand out traffic tickets. Wouldn't CN cops have the same authority as CP/RCMP? This discussion came up on the forums years ago, the legal conclusion was quite intersting. Apparently BNSF/CSX etc. police have more power then state troopers since they can cross state lines...

Media information

Category
Maintenance of Way and Non-Revenue Cars
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back