Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Jackson, Mississippi
IC Northbound Freight Train at Jackson, Ms. with a pair of SD70'S for power
I'm getting my driver's license soon . If I do, I'll catch some of those SD70's in IC Paint before they fall to the crooked noodle

That's a great idea. I hope you're able to do that. One good thing is CN doesn't seem to be in a hurry to repaint the SD70'S. I only know of 1 SD70 repainted into CN so far, 1038 I believe is the one that is repainted into CN. Thanks for the rating

You're telling the truth on this one. From 2004-2006. I realized I have never taken a picture of a Wisconsin Central. That is the one thing I regret about this. I came into the railfan hobby too late. I should have done it while they're still around.

I was only able to capture 1 WC SD45 leading a CN train running on the former IC & it was a specially painted WC SD45 7551 ( Customer Minded Employees ) written on the side of the unit. The other WC units I filmed running on the CN former IC were trailing other than a local working at Marks, Ms., which had a single WC GP40 for power. The most WC units I filmed running through on other railroads was ironically CSXT, the company I work for. On CSXT the trains that ran with WC alot were Q595, Q527, K841, K218, K223, Q647, Q592, & WC even showed up on other trains that didn't run WC power as much as the other trains I mentioned. NS also had many WC units running through on some of their trains, such as 175, 61N, 60E, 174, etc., but now this is a thing of the past, unfortunatley, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. I'm really thankful I've been able to take all the trips that I've gone on & come back with prize footage/photos. I made about 4 trips to WC in Wisconsin before the merger & now I have all my footage/photos to cherish the memories of WC forever.

When The Date of this photo was. Becuase I believe this was taken when Haley Barbour was elected Governor of Mississippi during that time.

I'm thinking it was in April of 1997, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going through alot of my photos so I can go back & put the dates of when I took the photo.

Media information

Category
Eastern United States
Added by
William H. Davis Jr.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back