Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

ATSF Climbing the Pass
H

ATSF Climbing the Pass

Santa Fe U36C #8711 leads this TOFC train with an almost solid GE set of motive power east over the North Main at Pine Lodge in Cajon Pass in 1984.
Thanks William! I've always tried to make the most of the dramatic photo opportunities Cajon Pass offers. Great backgrounds are always a certainty.

You're welcome Herb. It's nice to see photos such as these, because the power has long since been retired never to be filmed again. When I see some of my photos I have that has power that has been retired never to be filmed again it makes me very proud that I have photos of it. Keep up the great work

I certainly agree about the feeling of recording an image that is unique to you alone. History that can no longer be photographed, even more so. There's something special about all the copyrights one owns.

Media information

Category
Western United States
Added by
Huskerherb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back