Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Cassandra on Fire!

Cassandra on Fire!

Conrail 3375 and NS unit help shove a freight towards Cresson in October 2000. Thin overcast skies and Agfa Ultra 50 film helped to capture this "hyper-saturated" fall color picture. Photo was taken with a Hasselblad 500 C/M with 150mm lens. 4x5 print scanned on HP 4c scanner. No color modifications were performed in this scan...
Fall colour doesn't get any better than this. Nice shot.

WOOAW
Do you paint those trees?
You lucky b......, I can only dream about those vivid autumn colours...
Excelent job.
MVH
Jon Oskar

And that is why I laugh when folks out here in Seattle see three maples turn colors and rave about the wonderful autumn foliage. I just mutter "You ain't seen nothing yet..."

Wow, you don't get fall color like that all the time! I only hope to capture a scene like that someday.

I grew up in New York and moved to Colorado. You don't see colors (plural) like this in our mountains, just aspen gold. I had to travel back to Pennsylvania to get my fall color fix. The Agfa Ultra 50 was the print film version of Velvia. I think it has been discontinued so you can't get it any more. I have a 16x20 of this image printed on Kodak Endura metallic paper. The colors jump off the image.

I would have sworn the color was over-saturated
in processing, but since it wasn't, I congratulate
you for this superb photo.

Dave

Media information

Category
Editor's Favorite Photos
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back