Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Florida East Coast Railway
A pair of brand new SD70M-2'S make their 1st run from Jacksonville to Miami, Fl. on FEC Southbound Intermodal Train 101 with dynamic brakes howling as they prepare for a meet with FEC Northbound Local Freight Train 905 ( Bunnell Turn ) at Bayard, Fl.
Hey william i made this shot on my screen saver too if u dont mind my dad thinks these units in FEC Gold and Blue are the slickest things on the rails besides GP60M's. Also i bet this is a nice change for fec crews running the standard sd40-2s and gp40-2's all the time

Thanks CalMurray, This shot makes a nice screen saver huh. I agree with you 100% these units really look great. Not only is it a nice change for the crews, but also for the railfans as well. I'm really glad to see the FEC change their paint scheme as well as buy the EMD SD70M-2'S. I'm a big fan of EMD & as far as new power goes my favorite locomotives are the SD70ACe/SD70M-2/SD90MAC/SD80MAC. FEC has a nice variety of paint schemes now. I hear that FEC will not repaint their 4 axle power into the paint scheme that the SD70M-2'S are in, but I think it would be nice if they did, but then again if everything was painted into that paint scheme there would be no variety, but it really wouldn't matter to me, because the new FEC paint scheme that the SD70M-2'S are in is sharp looking.

Media information

Category
Eastern United States
Added by
William H. Davis Jr.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back