Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Redondo Zirconia
The Santa Fe crosses the Santa Fe at Redondo Junction in Los Angeles, CA, November 28, 1999. The tower still stands boarded up in 2006, but the trackage has been completely reconfigured and the diamonds are gone.
C
Dear Evan.
Good afternoon.

I am Brazilian.... and for the the one what I understood you are asking that railroad her certain came?.... because it is going the answer.... because she came from EFCB (central Railroad of the brasil) and did that railroad fail and were that locomotives sold for RFFSA (Rail Net S/A) what soon later failed also...oh he/she is born MRS Logstica S/A (Minas,Rio and Saint paulo) that this with that Conspires.

Then do you ask on the "ears of right elephant"?.... because it is going the answer.... with the time the maintenance of those you conspire worsened a little due privatizations and material shortage and did thermostats leave of they be substituted properly... and did the same ones begin the consequently '' to boil '' in the tunnel 11 of the mountain of the sea (BR) and tunnel 47 of the railroad of the steel (BR), for improving his/her cooling in the tunnels they did put that to pull the cold air of low.

Now on the because of the name SD40 - "3"... Because it is going the answer... MRS decided to modify SD40-2 (no. 5216-0 the one of the picture that you commented on) Making modification in "Q-tron" (board Computer).... or be making modernization in the computer of board of her... it is give that the came the such name SD40-3...

I hope it has helped you....
any doubts can write an e-mail for me... because my e-mail is caiozck@yahoo.com.br...

Hugs and have a good morning..

C
Good night...
did you know him/it because of SD40-3 in my picture?... that there that you commented on.
I hope it has helped..
hugs

Yes, thank you Ciao. For those wondering, I had asked about this photo: http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=40750

Those intake shrouds look like something adapted from Southern Pacific's pre-tunnel motor attempts to keep their SD45's cool in the mountains. Judging from Ciao's response and the thick coat of diesel grunge on 5216-0's blue and yellow paint, they have the same problems in Brazil.

Thanks for the comments on the Redondo image too guys!

Media information

Category
Night Photos
Added by
Evan_Werkema
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back