Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CN local
CN 7273, GP9RM and a GP9 slug are pulling 1/2 dozen cars through the industries. One of my first digital photos. Glad I could catch it in action. The local runs a couple times per week.
R
CalMurray, while I'm not an expert on the subject, those boxes are for connecting with the slug (I have a detailed connection photo which I'll upload eventually).
There are similar boxes on the back: http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=19702&sort=1&cat=all&page=1
That's why the 72xx series doesn't have ditchlights.
Usually the slug is behind the locomotive, as in this photo, but sometimes it's in front of it, such as on CN 7218. Then again I've caught 7218 operating without a slug at all.
To this date the only GP9RM in the 72xx series I've seen without a slug that I've caught more then once, was CN 7220. Might just be a shortage of slugs. The left box says: "Danger 200 volts", the right box says the same thing, except it's 600 volts.

Roman, a couple things.

1) I'm not sure about the units in Winnipeg but all of our 7200's in Vancouver (7202, 7204-07, 7222, 7243, and 7244) have ditch lights.

2) In that picture, the slug is actually coupled to the front end of the locomotive. All the 7000 and 7200 series units are set up to run long hood forward.

R
As you can see there no ditchlights here. Same for all the CN GP9RM's I've seen in Winnipeg: 7213-14, 7218-20, 7224, 7251, 7267, 7273 & 7278. Thanks for the info.

Stupid Robots....But Nice shot!!!

Here I hate it when the operators leave the damn bell on while you are awaiting a Freight! it gets quite anoying

Christian

The Bell automatically starts ringing when the engine is about to move. It's a warning to employees that the engine is about to move.

Media information

Category
Canadian National
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back