Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

NS'S Alabama Division Birmingham East District
W

NS'S Alabama Division Birmingham East District

NS Eastbound Intermodal Train I4E at Anniston, Al.
Yes, KCS has a pair of run through trains on NS. NS 339/340 Birmingham to Meridian & Meridian to Birmingham, which run on KCS as M- NSSH & M- SHNS the SH initials are for Shreveport, La. NS 220/219 Dallas to Atlanta & Atlanta to Dallas, which run as I- DAAT & I- ATDA on KCS, but this train rarely runs with KCS power anymore, instead it runs with NS GE Widecab Garbage most of the time. I remember a time in the mid 90's when this train would always run with KCS power all the way to Atlanta & back then they used 3 or more GP40-2 & GP40-2L'S for power. They seemed to quit running KCS on the 220/219 back in the late 90's, but you will still sometimes get KCS power on 220/219 on very rare occasions, Thanks for the rating

I don't know of any in Alabama. The only line KCS owns & operates in Alabama is the Tuscaloosa Sub, which used to be CSXT'S line up into the 90's when they eventually sold the line from Brookwood to Tuscaloosa to KCS. The KCS trains that you see running on NS come onto the NS at Meridian, Ms. where the KCS Meridian Sub begins & heads west toward Shreveport, La. where the KCS'S Kansas City to New Orleans corridor crosses with the KCS Transcontinental Division that heads toward Dallas, Tx.

Media information

Category
Eastern United States
Added by
William H. Davis Jr.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back