Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CN Grain
Two-Tone-Green

CN Grain

CN 5551 and BCR 4615 sit at Boston Bar awaiting a crew to take her to vancouver.

It still would look better if CN put the BCR upfront with 6 lights...
Nice. Yes it would be nice to see the BCR units leading, although they are not allowed to be a lead unit off the BCR.

Not allowed, cant be because of the 2 extra lights can it?
and not leading would be stupid cuz what if in an emergency they did a detour (Which i have seen) BCR leading. These past weeks in Lynn Creek 4614 and 3905 and 2526 were all together and 4614 lead some, 4646 was leading a SD70-2 so I think you have you info a little messed up... I could be wrong....

Christian

R
BCR units do lead occasionally on CN, but rarely, probably because CN can't stand the idea of extra light bulbs burning...

They dont want to spend the money just to replace the extra Ditch lights *shakes head* on the BCR u get the often BCR unit with Burt Out lights... I mean how hard is it to Replace a Freakin light!

Christian

There was a period where the BCR units were not allowed to lead due to crew amenities(no microwaves). It appears that they are now leading on trains and transfers as I had a BCR six axle cowled Dash 8 on a transfer(Lynn Creek-Sapperton-Lynn Creek) about a month ago.

Media information

Category
Canada
Added by
Two-Tone-Green
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back