Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

A Gloomy Day on the Milwaukee Road
Ross Pugsley

A Gloomy Day on the Milwaukee Road

Here's one for John Crosby. This is the Milwaukee Road's Sumas turn on August 22, 1979. It was raining a bit and that matched the mood of the crew. This was in the waning days of the Coast Extension. My notes say that it was taken in Huntingdon B.C. so they and I have crossed over from the Sumas WA side of the border. All rather informal in those heady days! 1508 was a GP35 and the 560x was a U30B.
G
Great shot, Babs would love this!!!

Ross, I dropped this page when I was about to write a reply last night: I worked this job one time, the Sumas Local. Caught it on a Friday after a week of working in Bellingham Yard (I was in Seattle Yard at this time, which covered Bellingham vacancies). A cool prize for working this job was being given a Canadian Pacific switch key, which I still have. Probably used that key once, probably for the track the pictured power is on. Here is the ultimate irony: when the Milwaukee folded, ex-Milwaukees had rights on only one job out of the entire Coast Division: the Sumas Local.

John

Media information

Category
Vintage Freight Train Photos - Diesel Era
Added by
Ross Pugsley
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back