UP hiring session in Marion IL

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bgreg91

Hey everybody I'm new to this forum I just had a few questions. I have been invited to the train crew hiring session in Marion IL for a position in Salem IL. Does anyone know how things are going in this area? If I do get hired what is left in the process before training? If I do get hired is it for sure I would be out of Salem or would I be put anywhere. Any input would be appreciated I'm looking forward to my interview and hopefully a new career. Thanks in advance

Hey everybody I'm new to this forum I just had a few questions. I have been invited to the train crew hiring session in Marion IL for a position in Salem IL. Does anyone know how things are going in this area? If I do get hired what is left in the process before training? If I do get hired is it for sure I would be out of Salem or would I be put anywhere. Any input would be appreciated I'm looking forward to my interview and hopefully a new career. Thanks in advance

"Hey everybody I'm new to this forum I just had a few questions. I have been invited to the train crew hiring session in Marion IL for a position in Salem IL."

This is a Board for foamers or railfans as most would like to be called, not professional railroaders although there are a few here who lay low. I do not know what your interest or knowledge in railroading is other than you applied to UP and got an interview. Safety, safety, safety is the best advice for your interview and your willingness to work wherever and whenever they want you to. You don't need to know anything about trains and your probably better off that way. They will teach you what you need to know.

"If I do get hired what is left in the process before training?"
I have no idea what you mean by this. I would think if your hired then you are hired. If you pass the interview/testing I would assume you would have to submit to a drug/alcohol test, physical, and maybe something else.

"If I do get hired is it for sure I would be out of Salem or would I be put anywhere. Any input would be appreciated I'm looking forward to my interview and hopefully a new career."

I have no idea where Salem, IL is but if UP is like any other Class 1 railroad then your training location/primary recall would be Salem, IL and where you work would be any where your seniority will allow you to hold. Don't buy a house where you can barely hold. Don't be afraid of the furlough. The first few years are rough but are worth it and your seniority moves faster then it would have 20 years ago.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back