What do you shoot with? 2013 Edition!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

What Do You Shoot With?

• Total voters
LOL i shoot with the same thing as did three years ago, see other thread. lol
I do too. Hopefully in a couple weeks, I will replace my current 5Dmk1 with a 5Dmk3. I have about 95% of the money...

Canon 5Dmk1 (soon to be mk3)
Canon 16-35 F2.8L
Canon 24-105 F4L IS
Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

Bill Anderson

5D Mk III
7D
5D Mk II (broken, needs to be sent back to Canon)
Rebel XSi (stays in my motorcycle side bags)

Primary lenses: 2.8/400L telephoto, 100-400L telephoto zoom, 24-105L wide angle zoom.

I upgraded from a 5D Mark I to a Mark III over the weekend! AMAZING improvement over the Mark I

Here is me outside the camera store with my new toy!

Bill Anderson

You are going to love the 5D Mk III. You should immediately notice the better autofocus system, higher ISO settings, and HDR feature.

You are going to love the 5D Mk III. You should immediately notice the better autofocus system, higher ISO settings, and HDR feature.
I shot a Creighton Basketball game about 2 hours after I got it and then shot a UNO Hockey game about 2 hours after that. The ISO and Autofocus was great!

I turned on the HDR feature last night and shot a skyline shot with it. I didn't realize the output from those HDR Shots were going to be in JPG format.

I ended up using one of the RAW files and came up with this photo:
2/5/2013 - Lincoln Monument, Council Bluffs, IA

10-D, 20-D, 40-D, T2i, A400 and A1200. You might guess I'm a Canon guy? :D

Favorite extra lens is discontinued 35-350L like it so much I bought a backup.

Normal walkabout, chasing, vacation, on the T2i which I carry most often, is a 28-135.

B

bnsf9171

i use a kodak easyshare c1450 with a 1 gigbyte impact card it works good and have no problems with it i would like to get a better camera and sometime i see people with nikon's and canons and have seen the pictures that they have taken and am a bit jealous but i'm happy with what i've got for now maybe down the road i'll get a better camera

Two23

Duck Hunter
Hmm. Back then I was using a Nikon D300 with a D80 as back up. Now I'm using a Nikon D7100 and a D5200 as a back up camera. Lenses are Nikon 17-55mm f2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR, Nikon 80-400mm VR, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. Big story is the amount of flash I now have, something like x8 Nikon SB-28 flash, x8 White Lightning X3200 monolights with battery packs, and x2 Nikon SB-900. For the past two years I've really gotten back into film cameras, but only those made between 1900 and 1955. I have a Rolleiflex MX (1951) that I dearly love to shoot, and a Leica IIIc (1942) with Leica Elmar lenses 35/50/90mm I use regularly as well. I've also been shooting early (1900-1930) Kodak Brownies a lot lately too.

Kent in SD

TRXnorStrnS.jpg

kenw

5th Generation Texian
Not sure if too much has changed other than my rr shoots have become really rare... for those i sold the 28-135IS and replaced it with the 24-105IS. It's a bit sharper, clearer and the IS is a bit improved. Still using the 50d.

I have a Canon Rebel XTi that I bought refurbished in 2012 along with a zoom lens. Any suggestions for an upgrade?
If you are looking to upgrade out of the Rebel series, the 70D would be a great upgrade. You don't say what lens you have, but for trains, the newer 28-135 kit lens is also pretty good. As with everything with camera gear, it all depends on what you want to spend :rolleyes:

I can't believe I didn't see this thread a year ago!
I have a 5d2, 5d3, 7d, and a 1dIV. For trains I mainly use the 7D with a sigma 18-250, which I keep in the car almost at all times, and the 5D3 and a big zoom, (used to be the 100-400, but now I use the Tamron 150-600) for close up shots.

Bill Anderson

I have a Canon Rebel XTi that I bought refurbished in 2012 along with a zoom lens. Any suggestions for an upgrade?
Have a serious discussion with yourself about the type of photography you do or would like to do. For example, I have spent a small fortune on cameras and lenses for photographing birds. I could have gotten by with much cheaper and a lot less equipment if I were only going to photograph trains, landscapes, and my family.

Nikon D70
Nikon D200
Nikon F2s (retired)
Nikkor 50 f1.8
Tokina 12-24 f4
Nikkor 18-70
Nikkor 80-200 f2.8

Used Nikon for years when I was a photojournalist. No longer have my F3's, FM2's or any of my old manual focus Nikkor lenese

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com