Welcome to RailroadForums new Software

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
We have upgraded the website to a new forum and photo gallery software. This software, made by Xenforo, has enhanced features, cleaner looks and much better security than the outdated system we were using. Welcome to our new look, hope you enjoy it!

Your existing user name and password should work as usual.

Thanks, Bob. I was out of town and off line this past weekend. I'll try uploading new photos later this week.

Reactions: Bob
See you still have my old LOGO on this forum.

Yes, you hadn't been here in long a while. When we migrated, any custom avatars were copied over. However, I used to have a nice collection of built in avatars, railroad logos mostly, that were part of the forum software. They were from the early days and pretty small. The new software doesn't have that option.

Where does one go to do a profile and make an Avatar etc, etc.

In the upper right corner of the page, next to "Inbox" and "Alerts", you'll see your name and avatar. Click on that to edit your details and add a photo.

Where does one go to do a profile and make an Avatar etc, etc.

Update, for now, I've grabbed the one you have over at ModelRailroadForums and put it on this profile. You can change it if you'd like, but at least you've got something there now.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back