Vancouver area photos

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Recently I chased CP's Sumas Turn out to Huntington from their Port Coquitlam Yard. In this photo, the BNSF switcher has brought a few tank cars over the border to interchange with the CP local.

BNSF & CPR ~ Huntington by Chris City, on Flickr

Back in February, I caught CP's O Yard switcher working a few of the remaining customers along the Marpole Spur in South Vancouver:

CP 3006 ~
Marpole Spur
by Chris City, on Flickr

A pair of SRY's vintage SW900's are seen here on the South Shore track on Annacis Island:

SRY 910 ~ Annacis Island by Chris City, on Flickr

A 6 unit BNSF transfer passing through Dockyard in New Westminster on their way to SRY's Trapp Yard:

BNSF 2123 ~ Dockyard by Chris City, on Flickr

A BNSF A-B-A consist leading the Tilbury switcher along BNSF's Tilbury Spur in Delta:

BNSF ~ Tilbury Spur by Chris City, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Tuscor

Don't be Ignorant
Recently I chased CP's Sumas Turn out to Huntington from their Port Coquitlam Yard. In this photo, the BNSF switcher has brought a few tank cars over the border to interchange with the CP local.

BNSF & CPR ~ Huntington by Chris City, on Flickr

Back in February, I caught CP's O Yard switcher working a few of the remaining customers along the Marpole Spur in South Vancouver:

CP 3006 ~
Marpole Spur
by Chris City, on Flickr

A pair of SRY's vintage SW900's are seen here on the South Shore track on Annacis Island:

SRY 910 ~ Annacis Island by Chris City, on Flickr

A 6 unit BNSF transfer passing through Dockyard in New Westminster on their way to SRY's Trapp Yard:

BNSF 2123 ~ Dockyard by Chris City, on Flickr

A BNSF A-B-A consist leading the Tilbury switcher along BNSF's Tilbury Spur in Delta:

BNSF ~ Tilbury Spur by Chris City, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you Vic! I finally have my enhanced Washington drivers license so I can cross the border and return without a hassle. Hoping to go searching for the ex-MRL GP9's this September on the SRY. Anything new to report there? Sounds like Trapp Yard is the place to go.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you Vic! I finally have my enhanced Washington drivers license so I can cross the border and return without a hassle. Hoping to go searching for the ex-MRL GP9's this September on the SRY. Anything new to report there? Sounds like Trapp Yard is the place to go.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA
Oh I'm still around, Brian! SRY's roster hasn't changed, still running their museum worthy fleet. Trapp Yard is the main classification yard for SRY and their engine facilities are located there as well so it would be your best place to start. Their deadline is there as well as stored locos, might be some ex-MRL GP9's in that group too. I'm hoping to get my passport done next week and then make a trip to Seattle and Tacoma later in September, I've been wanting to check out the branchlines and industrial trackage around there forever. I need something new to explore!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com