Uniden BC125 Scanner

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

mrbbq

After years of using Radio Shack scanners, I've made the break to Uniden's BC125AT scanner. For less than $150, this thing is incredible. I HATE most of the new scanners, where you have to be a radio wizard to program them. I want to be able to punch in or upload a freq. and text tag and go. This scanner lets me do that very easily.
I made my purchase decision after watching a couple of You Tube videos showing the various fountions and features of the scanner, and how to use them. Very easy!!

I purchased scanner software disc from ScanMaster for $35, and use it to develop my various banks, then upload it to the scanner from my computer. One of the things I especially like is that you can set the amount of delay time per channel individually from 1-5 seconds. Same with squelch, etc.

The audio is extremely good for being a small scanner. Of all the scanners I've owned over the years, this one has almost instantly become my favorite.

I also purchased a GPS/Cellphone holder which you can plug into your car cig Liter. it has 2 USB ports which you use to power your device. has a goosneck and spring loaded clip to hold the device. I ended up filing off some of the interior of the clip to make it easier to hold the scanner. Found that its easier and more secure to slip the belt clip over one side of the sprng loaded clip on the holder. Works sweet! Costs only $20 on Amazin.
Its made byt Alphatronics. Well made and affordable.
;

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back