Southwest Iowa Jan11,2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I needed to go for a drive today. The house cat has decided he needs to yowl whenever he is awake for some reason. Anyway I started south in snow flurries and wind and 20 degrees. Drove some gravel roads east of Glenwood Iowa on the BNSF and stopped at an old haunt. Balfour is a crossover at the top of the hill east of Glenwood. As one engineer said "We are clawing and scratching our way up the hill." It is fun to listen to the locos pulling the loaded coal trains. I watched 3 go by then nothing for 3 hours and then sun went down.

BNSF 6387_011117.jpg At Balfour

BNSF9105_011117.jpg DPU headed down the east side

Old RR Stuff In PJ_011117.jpg A building in Pacific Junction made out of a passenger car.

There is another one of those passenger car houses in Council Bluffs. Must be a picture here somewhere.........

Wait a minute........That is the one from Council Bluffs. Just south of the UP/IAIS crossing on 17th st. The brain she no work to good yesterday.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back