Rotary snow plow power units

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

TinMan2000

I am trying to find some top views of the power units used in rotary plow service such as the "F" b units used by the BN/BNSF. Mainly the fan area. Side views show sheet metal sloping towards the fan with hinged doors on the sides, but none show if there is any sheet metal covering the tops of the fans and if any hinged doors are used on the top.
TIA

Thank you! These were exactly what the type of shots that I needed, including the A unit, which is probably of SP&S heritage. You also opened my eyes to a few more web sites I was not aware of.
Again, thank you. I knew this group has a wealth of knowledge and resources.
Mike

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back