North Coast Limited

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

montanan

When I was growing up we used to take the Northern Pacific North Coast Limited or the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha from Montana to visit relatives in Northern Indiana. In the 50's rail service was so much different to what Amtrack tries to provide. These trips I think I enjoyed more than getting to our destination. My two favorite places on the train was the dining car and the dome car.

We lost passenger rail service when Amtrack decided to keep the Empire Builder across the northern part of the state instead of keeping the southern route the the NP ran.

The model railroad club that I go to is in the basement of the old Northern Pacific Depot shown in the video in Livingston, MT. I recently custom painter and A-B-A set of diesels for my version of the North Coast Limited.

20171118_142547.jpg

Last edited:
Those models look very good. It is hard to duplicate the two shades of green as they varyied in old photos due to age, type of film, etc.

The color did fade a lot with time. Here's an A-B consist that has been weathered, You can see the difference in the color compared to the passenger car behind the B unit.

20180128_161147.jpg

Too early in the morning for that music? Made me want to run out the door screaming!

Excellent modeling, CHET!
Excellent layout too!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back