MRS ore trains (Brazil)

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
Hi, some updated pics of my railfaning trips along broad gauge MRS railroad.
Here are some pics taken last friday 24/8 on Centro line in Carandai, MG. That is a
IMG-20180825-WA0058.jpg
P_20180824_095014_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180824_095019_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180824_100942_1_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180824_105328_vHDR_On.jpg
line for empty ores and some freights. All trains moves westbound only.

Last edited:
The "sunshades" remind me of those installed on Baldwin cab units that were shipped to Argentina from the US from 1953-54. I have not seen any of these sunshades in your more recent videos and photos. Has their use been discontinued?

The sunshades have been applyed to the AC44is only, but a few C44s also received them.
Actually, these sunshades are a protection to the windshields from ore stones during the loading process in some silos where windshilds were broken.
I have two new videos where the AC44 s have sunshades. Soon I will post them in youtube.

The "sunshades" remind me of those installed on Baldwin cab units that were shipped to Argentina from the US from 1953-54. I have not seen any of these sunshades in your more recent videos and photos. Has their use been discontinued?

Last edited:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back