Looking for the Hurlbut Woodland park zoo train , Seattle WA

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Trainman4-4-0

This miniature train forum seems to be almost defunct, but thought I would try anyway. In a previous thread a few years ago, Larry S. Commented he owns the Hurlbut steam (outline maybe) locomotive that used to operate at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, back in the 50's or 60's.

Anybody know where this locomotive is now, or how to reach LarryS. ? A local train historian is trying to write an article about the old woodland Park Zoo trains and I am helping track down the history of the several locomotives that were in operation at the zoo over the years.

Any information you could could pass on would be wonderful!

Thanks
Glenn

This miniature train forum seems to be almost defunct, but thought I would try anyway. In a previous thread a few years ago, Larry S. Commented he owns the Hurlbut steam (outline maybe) locomotive that used to operate at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, back in the 50's or 60's.

Anybody know where this locomotive is now, or how to reach LarryS. ? A local train historian is trying to write an article about the old woodland Park Zoo trains and I am helping track down the history of the several locomotives that were in operation at the zoo over the years.

Any information you could could pass on would be wonderful!

Thanks
Glenn
That would be me. I've had the engine for several years now. I was going to modify it to 12 inch gauge. Now, I'd rather see it go to someone that wants to restore it. I bought it from a 12 inch operator in Laport, IN.

That would be me. I've had the engine for several years now. I was going to modify it to 12 inch gauge. Now, I'd rather see it go to someone that wants to restore it. I bought it from a 12 inch operator in Laport, IN.
I have a few pics, but they won't post.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back