Looking for a cheap Canon

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Right now, I have a Kodak point-and-shoot and it works just fine for me, but I want to upgrade to a possible low end Canon or something similar to that. Does anyone know of anything like that? Thanks in advance.

Railgeek

Latte with extra FOAM!
Depending on how much you want to spend, you could go with a Rebel Xsi or T1i DSLR, if you want to expand in the future. If you want to keep it simple, stick with a point and shoot like a SX30IS or a S95. Most people on here will suggest a DSLR, because of the interchangeable lenses and more Mpixels, higher ISO, but it depends on what you want to spend as well, Rebel's go for about 600-900, while you could get a perfectly good P/S for 200-300.

you should consider Canon SX 130IS or the newer version 150IS. They are super zoom product and even cheaper than SX30IS or a S95. Good luck1 :D

what is your exact definition of "cheap"? $200, $500, $1000? Your budget will be an important factor as to what options are available to you.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

weekendrailroader

Guy with the green hat
I got my basic Canon DSLR from good old Wal-Mart for the sale price of $500. Still not what I consider "cheap", but I think that's about as inexpensive as they come.

I imagine you could find a next-to-new DSLR for dirt cheap at a pawn shop. However, pawn shops do have "that" reputation...

kenw

5th Generation Texian
A Canon 10d/20d/or 30d is still a great camera (used $200 and up), adding a 50/1.8 lens ($120 new) to that can get you a very, very good camera for well under $500 total.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com