July 2018 Catch up

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I usually carry 2 cameras. One is a Nikon P900 which I like because it is lightweight and has a great zoom on it. I had the opportunity to serve as a car host on the UP Museum fundraising train that was run on the day after the Frontier Days train in Denver. This trip allowed the UP to return equipment to Cheyenne and help the UP museum in Council Bluffs. Originally to be pulled by 844 but due to the "accident" we were pulled by the 1943. But a train ride on the luxury UP passenger cars is an experience to be enjoyed no matter what the power. Also threw in a couple of shots I liked from my C&TS fireman school trip which were on the P900 as well. First three are in Concordia Ks. Next are from Chama. Last Is the 844 in the north yard in Denver. At least we got to see it.

DSCN2334.JPG
DSCN2336.JPG
DSCN2337.JPG
DSCN2368.JPG
DSCN2372.JPG
DSCN2384.JPG
DSCN2400.JPG
DSCN2401.JPG
DSCN2402.JPG
DSCN2412.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These are from on board the Museum train. Love being in the dome. The last is the 4004 looking good in the Cheyenne park. Also got a tour of the UP shops in Cheyenne. Due to events of the weekend no pictures were allowed. They did say they are on schedule with work on the Big Boy. Really impressive to be right up next to the giant boiler, with driving wheels to the left and the front engine to the right. What an experience!! In the roundhouse was the 6936, 951, 3985, 949, 5511, and the 838. If all goes well the 3985 is on the board to be worked after the Big Boy is done.

DSCN2413.JPG
DSCN2425.JPG
DSCN2428.JPG

A couple of BNSF with KCS in Waverly NE and BNSF in Ashland yesterday.

BNSF5357_072618.JPG
BNSF5887_072618.JPG
BNSF9096_072618.JPG

I rode the UP's City of Portland several times when I was a kid back in the late 50's-early 60's. I would camp out all day in the dome car.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back