In Council Bluffs Today

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

papio

Ventured across the river today and caught a couple of UP trains.
--First up is are the lead units on a monster 3x3 wb manifest (in all likelihood, two good sized manifests combined into one train)
--The second train I saw was coming off the UP onto the BNSFs' Council Bluffs sub.

These are likely my last posts for the year as tomorrow's Creighton vs Villanova's men's basketball game is at noon and I probably won't get out after the game. Happy New Year to all!

12.30.16...02.jpg
12.30.16...06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you think that UP Grain Train was going on the BNSF CB Sub? Yesterday I saw a UP Grain Train heard Westbound off the BNSF and back on to the UP. Second time I have seen the wesbound move, but never seen it east like you did.

That basketball game sure was fun. The arena was just electric!

I heard the DS give them a warrant for work on the CB Sub, so I think they might have been headed to the Bunge plant.

The game was fun, crazy noise level!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back