Canon T3I?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Hey guys i am wondering if there is anybody on here who has one of these? I am thinking about getting for better photos and better HD Videos. Any help would be great.

B_Kosanda

Outstanding In My Field
I own a Rebel XSi, which is the predecessor of the T3i. I can't imagine that you would be disappointed with it. It's an excellent entry level DSLR.

Bill

Bill Anderson

I own a Rebel XSi, which is the predecessor of the T3i. I can't imagine that you would be disappointed with it. It's an excellent entry level DSLR.

Bill
I agree ^^^^

A Rebel XSi was also my first dSLR. I have since progre$$ed to the 7D to the 5D Mk II to the 5D Mk III, but I take the Rebel + 18-135 EF-S zoom along on the motorcycle trips for the typical moto photo tourist shots.

Canon has been constantly updating the Rebel. If video is your thing, check your dealer to see which Rebel model has the latest and greatest video capability.

Suggestion: if you can afford it, buy an EF series lens. The EF series lenses can be used on full frame sensor cameras like the 6D should you decide to go that route in the future.

Nahalle

Too much BNSF orangeade
A review from Neilybobmojo - The Willamette Valley Railfan

I own a T3i and a 7D. I use both of them daily for pictures and video. Video quality is amazing on both, but the T3i has a bit of an edge, with the ability to crop and zoom within the video frame. Most of my videos were shot with the T3i and I use it more than my dedicated Canon HD camcorder. For photography it can be a bit uncomfortable to hold, has a smaller viewfinder, and the burst rate is slow. It was a third of the cost of my 7D while delivering 75% of the ability. Great choice if your budget does not allow more. :)

Take a look at the features details
http://t4ivst3i.com/
That's a whole page of stats and data and most of it doesn't make a big difference for $280 - "up to" six fps. High ISO, what am I a NCIS or something that I need fuzzy super night vision photos? Touch screen? In Wisconsin, in the Winter? ;)

But I do agree. And it only takes one feature to make the T4i a winner without any further questions.

Continuous Video AF

Seals the deal, for the price and quality for someone looking for a nice DSLR that can shoot great video too.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com