BNSF's Chillicothe Sub

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

EMDGP30

Our gang finished work in Hedley, TX and an eastbound train dropped off KCS SD70ACe 4103 to take our machines to Joliet; we caught them east of Wellington KS; I didn't have time to get to the sunny side of the tracks but it didn't turn out too bad.
IMG_2773.PNG

Our machines got to Joliet early Tuesday morning in a small yard at MP 36. I took a few pics when I could.
IMG_2790.PNG

BNSF 1740 was built 11-1981 as ATSF 5172
atsf5172saiznm1097eedit.jpg

Became BNSF 6900 before being repainted and renumbered into her current scheme
Picture%201617.jpg

BNSF 2774 was built 4-1975 as ATSF 3653
ATSF_3653_TVC4411.jpg

Was renumbered ATSF 3405
ATSFScan086.jpg

Passed this former ATSF flat car; I haven't been to find the history of it yet.
IMG_2789.PNG

Passed this stopped eastbound UP intermodal train with a Helm leasing unit
IMG_2788.PNG

Got a pic of an eastbound double stack with a pair of NS units coming through CP 460
IMG_2779.PNG
Got a pic of a METRA train stopped at the station; I believe the diamond crosses the EJ&E
IMG_2787.PNG

Saw these 2 former ATSF cabooses in the yard
IMG_2786.PNG

IMG_2783.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 322
Saw these while traveling through Mazon,IL today. Not sure what these trucks came from; possibly Burro cranes?

IMG_2808.PNG

IMG_2810.PNG

Finished working on the Chillicothe Sub Friday; we are going to start on the LaJuanta Sub Tuesday.

Passed this beauty in Fort Madison, Iowa

1567473956168.png

On the drive to Newton, Kansas we passed this warrior
1567474020606.png

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back