BNSF La Junta Sub

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

EMDGP30

I work for a railroad contractor that has a shoulder ballast cleaner that is working on BNSF; today we finished working on the La Junta sub and are Monday start work on the Emporia sub.

This is the motive power that was used to move our equipment: BNSF GP39-2 # 2775 (formerly ATSF 3637/ATSF 3137/ATSF 3406 74664-21 Blt Feb 75; note the non-standard number board housing) and BNSF GP50 #3166 (formerly ATSF # 3813) note the missing rear headlight bulb.

atsf syracuse, ks.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo. I don't see very many yellow bonnets up my way anymore. Does anyone know the story behind the weird number board on 2776?

The Geeps pictured above had to wait on this coal drag before they could travel from Garden City, KS to Syracuse, KS.

Is it me or is it getting rarer to find solid sets of EMD power anymore, especially on BNSF?

sd70s.png

sd70s II.png

EMD power is making a come back out here on the Scenic Sub, where GE units have pretty much been the norm on trains other than locals for the past twenty years.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back