30 degrees at Oreopolis, 11/22/2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
Some fun numbers for Bill. A NB UP Train and some EB and WB BNSF trains. Form A's and Form B's abound on the Creston sub today. Probably pre holiday work. 4 or 5 westbounds piled up. I didn't wait for the whole parade.

BNSF 8777_112217_1024.jpg EB Crossing the UP at Oreopolis

BNSF 8485_112217_1024.jpg WB Crossing the UP at Oreopolis

BNSF 9394_112217_1024.jpg DPU's at East Oreopolis (Sand Crossing)

BNSF 9703_112217_1024.jpg 2nd Unit of the next WB, Sand Crossing

There was a NB UP train, Nebraska City OPPD coal empty, after the EB. 2nd DPU was the 6767. But I wasn't fast enough for a pic.

UP 5475_112217_1024.jpg UP 5475 going under Bucaneer Bay rd, taken from old Bucaneer Bay Road.

UP 5475_1_112217_1024.jpg Up 5475 about to cross the BNSF

UP 6926_112217_1024.jpg The Coal empty's DPU on the crossing.

Yesterday I went to the Desoto wildlife refuge near Missouri Valley. Too windy for most birds, but lots of trains. I had the 600mm on the camera, the train was coming, I jumped out of the car on a dirt road next to the river and just wasn't far enough away from the bridge to get the whole bridge in the shot. Cold and windy and time to go to work.

UP 3860 Boyer River_112817_1024&text.jpg UP 3860 on the Boyer River bridge just south of Missouri Valley Iowa.

UP West Mo Valley_112817_1024.jpg UP 3860 passing a stopped train west of Missouri Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound like me. My photos of trains at MP 17 are taken while I am at the Edmonds marsh photographing wildlife.

It's 9 right now. Still about 20 degrees warmer than New Years Eve. Here is a picture of the local that delivers my company's cars. Usually they don't park here, they just set out and go.

UP1032_010418.jpg

Any sunny days out your way? We are suffering through our annual winter gloom & doom up here in the Puget Sound region. I am becoming a real wimp and don't like taking photos in the rain.

Partially sunny. We are doing our happy dance because the temp is above freezing. Supposed to be 40+ today. Hasn't been much train action around here. Coal traffic is down and Council Bluffs was devoid of the usual stuff. When the temps stop being in the single digits in the morning I'll go out a little earlier.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back