13 from 2013: Personal Favorites

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Here are a few shots that I liked from this year - I wouldn't call them my "best' per se but they show a good variety of what I was able to get this year. I wasn't able to go trackside as often as I have in past years, but I made the most of the chances that I did get. All of the photos here were taken in various parts of Pennsylvania, except for the last two which are from New York.

An eastbound oil train pauses at Gallitzin, as seen from atop the tunnel. 02/24/13

A deformed spike on the RJ Corman near Mahaffey, PA. 03/11/13

Northbound Buffalo & Pittsburgh RISI passes the B&O CPLs at Mount Jewett led by an ex-SP SD45. 06/25/13

CP 258 crosses the NY/PA state line as it rolls along the Susquehanna River in Hallstead. 06/20/13

The day after Christmas finds H48 heading east through fresh snow at Longswamp, just west of Alburtis, PA. 12/26/13

Reading & Northern 4-6-2 Pacific #425 leads a short executive excursion through White Haven, PA. 12/28/13

Running Southern-style, a GP50 and a GP38-2 bring local freight H11 out of Bethlehem with cars for Allentown Yard. 12/18/13

A fall foliage excursion rolls south through Molino on the Reading & Northern. 10/20/13

11R pulls south at Boiling Springs behind the Monongahela heritage locomotive. 10/09/13

A trio of EMD products bring 21T west past Pennsy position lights at Horningford. 08/04/13

The James E Strates train heads across the historic Starucca Viaduct in Lanesboro. First time I ever shot something on this bridge upon which traffic levels are only a shell of what once was. 07/31/13

Low sunlight accentuates the lines of this Alco C430 as a Western New York & Pennsylvania train from Farmers Valley arrives at Olean, NY. 06/26/13

Earlier in the same day, I caught westbound 23K heading across the Portageville Bridge at Letchworth State Park in New York. 06/26/13

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com