Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. E

Hello Members need list of al least three one solution top railroad/locomotive manufacturers in the USA

I would suggest publishing an Expression of Interest tender in the main international railway journals. Railway Gazette International is probably the most global and will reach anyone who has the capability of such a project.
  2. E

Many many pictures from germany, austria, slovenia and croatia

Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing!
  3. E

Question from an 'outsider'

When people think of Canadian Pacific passenger trains there are really two premier trains: The Canadian and the Atlantic. They also offered lots of shorter distance corridor type services, but these were their 'named' full service trains. By 1980, as mentioned, they were operated by VIA, a...
  4. E

What does this sign mean? A CP Rail section crew couldn’t tell me

It might also be a 'plow up' sign, indicating they should retract the wings on a snowplow.
  5. E

Argentina long distance train trip

Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad the government has put some money for new equipment and at least rehabilitated the track between BA and Rosario.
  6. E

Help identifying old piece of railroad signage

That's a good idea Bob. My contact at A&K quit, but I'm sure he could still give me a local contact.
  7. E

lol! Yes, that's a bit of a long haul, for sure!
  8. E

As Bruce said, it is a switch stand. They're worth a little to collectors, but generally not enough to ship. I am, coincidentally, looking to buy one, so if you're near-ish to Seattle let me know!
  9. E

Eritrea 2018 - 5: Downhill to Nefasit (50 p.)

As always, your photography is spectacular. Thanks for sharing them with us!
  10. E

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

Would anybody happen to know what model switch machines they're using at Longview Junction? M-23s, by any chance?
  11. E

Amtrak Train 188 Tragic Accident – What is the Complete Story?

Excellent analysis that sadly was passed over in the rush to PTC. Amtrak simply wasn't willing to invest the work it would have taken to make ATC more comprehensive, when all their efforts were focused on PTC. Panacea Train Control
  12. E

[IN] Last Days of metre gauge in the Northeast

Wonderful photographs, thanks for sharing!
  13. E

VIA Rail Canada 40th Anniversary Contest & Video

Note the contest is only open to residents of Canada.
  14. E

GE Transportation acquired by Wabtec?

There was also an article in the Wall St Journal (who has been very accurate in predicting GE moves) saying they were looking at an IPO spinoff since they couldn't find a buyer for GET. I think this Wabtec is a trial balloon to see how much interest there would be in Wabtec buying in, and what...
  15. E

Rail Ed. 101

Good question and hope this turns into a fun thread. First, a quick point: The railroads don't handle any LCL any more. There's car load or multi-car/unit train freight, basically. Rail freight charges basically break into two types or categories, and they're not really dependent on length...
  16. E

Signal Maintainer/Inspectors

Are there any maintainer/inspectors around on this forum?
  17. E

Can anyone tell me what railroad this is? Thanks

Deleware Otsego. Was originally Walter Rich's first short line, and became the holding company that owned the NYSW.
  18. E

BNSF Asistant Signalman

Not sure how you can tell which are for gangs or not, but signalmen are covered under Hours of Service. The rules are pretty complex, but basically 12 hours max on duty. The gang travel time is SOMETIMES covered, sometimes non covered/limbo. It has to do with the on duty point, but for a...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back