Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Hotrail

Narrow Gauge Mountain Express - 32: Šargan 8 (50 p.)

Ronik, This was another simply outstanding set of photographs. Thanks for taking the time to post them so that we could see them. Great Job! I loved the movie highrailer as well.
  2. Hotrail

Eritrea 2018 - 2: Dusk till Dawn (50 p.)

Roni, As always, this set of photos is outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to post them. Wonderful scenery and nice railroad subjects. And there is that human touch. I can't wait to see some more. Dan Simmering
  3. Hotrail

Nostalgically Northwards - 1: Signalman Fido (50 p.)

Roni, Great photographs as always. I enjoy your style of rail photography. Keep posting on this web site! By the way, what is a "Praque Semmering"? Dan Simmering
  4. Hotrail

US Roadtrip 2017 - 14: Oh là là! Deux tours Eiffel pendant un voyage (50 p.)

I was checking this web site almost every day to view your last post of your US road trip 2017. I am glad that you took the time to load it. Excellent photos all the way through. It was fun to see what a railfan from Austria thought of the US and how you would shoot our trains. I enjoyed...
  5. Hotrail

Wild West 2017 - 6: High Noon at Hiline Junction (50 p.)

This has been a simply wonderful series of photographs. I have looked forward to each series with anticipation. Thank you for sharing. Dan Simmering
  6. Hotrail

Roadtrip 2017 - 1: Salt & Light Rail (50 p.)

Ronik, Welcome to the USofA! Thanks for taking the time to post your outstanding photos and story. I will be interested in seeing the rest of your trip.
  7. Hotrail

Sicily 2016 - 5: Around Mt. Etna II (50 p.)

Ronik, Thank you so much for posting all these wonderful photographs. I may not respond to every one of your postings, but I look at all of them. In fact, I hunt for your new photo essays every time I log onto this site. You have a great vision for detail. Dan Simmering
  8. Hotrail

BNSF SD70MACs at Progress Rail

This is an update to the modifications being conducted to the BNSF SD70MACs currently at Progress Rail in Tacoma, WA. The SD70MACs that are there have had two panels installed on each side of the long hood. Those panels can be seen in the following photograph. They are painted with primer...
  9. Hotrail

BNSF SD70MACs at Progress Rail

I have been noticing BNSF SD70MACs at Progress Rail in Tacoma, WA beginning in September of 2015. There must be about six Big Macs there. Does anyone know what work is being done to those locomotives? :confused: Dan Simmering
  10. Hotrail

BNSF/GN Switch Engines Get My Goat

On 29 Jan 2015 I was photographing trains at TR Junction in Tacoma, WA. A south bound merchandise train roared passed me and through the Reservation interlocking. In the power was a switch engine labeled for the Great Northern Railroad. At the time, BNSF was in need of a block of locomotive...
  11. Hotrail

US Navy Donates Turntable to the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum

Yes, the Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad serves the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. The US Government still owns the track from Shelton to Bremerton. I believe that our federal government still maintains and upgrades the right-of-way through sub-contractors. There is not a lot of traffic on the...
  12. Hotrail

Romania 2015 - 15: Medias - Biertan (50 p.)

Roni, Absolutely wonderful photos. I enjoy everyone of our postings even though I do not comment on each one. Keep posting these very interesting photographs.
  13. Hotrail

US Navy Donates Turntable to the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum

On 2 Sept 2015, I spent the morning at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA photographing the donation of the 85 foot turntable to the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum. I arrived at the turntable at 7:15 AM. The Navy was going to cut the turntable into scrap if someone did not...
  14. Hotrail

Romania 2015 - 12: April Weather along Cibin River (50 p.)

Ronik, Thanks for braving the elements to take these wonderful photographs and then posting them for us to see.
  15. Hotrail

Winter in Romania 2015 - 4: Lumberjacks around the Campfire (50 p.)

Ronik: These are wonderful photographs! What an opportunity to be able to record this logging operation. Well done my friend! Thanks for sharing. From Dan Simmering
  16. A Tacoma Starship

A Tacoma Starship

This color photo was modified using Photoshop. First I used the poster edge filter to distort the basic photo. Then I selected the photo minus the sky and placed it as a foreground on a NASA photo of a star cluster. The original photograph showed the GNP Reading 2100 doing trial runs up the...
  17. East Mars Freight Railroad

East Mars Freight Railroad

On a recent NatGeo program "Milky Way", they used some stunning video manipuations. I thought I would give their technique a try on a train photo. First, I shot Eastside Freight Railroad SW1200 #109 on 7 Oct 2010 at Maltby, WA. I took two NASA photographs and combined them into one...
  18. Two Medicine River Bridge

Two Medicine River Bridge

This is a composite photo done in Photoshop. I used 8 different photographs to make this one scene. The background photo is of the Two Medicine River Bridge near East Glacier, MT. The train is made from photographs of some HO scale cars and locomotives. The old pickup by the barn was also...
  19. Hotrail

Comment by 'Hotrail' in media 'At the Trail Crossing'

Great Photo, Steve O!
  20. Hotrail

Comment by 'Hotrail' in media 'Deception Creek'

Great photo!! How did you get up to the Deception Creek Bridge with all that snow on the ground?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back