Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. S

This Week in Western PA

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to post more from my future trips this summer. Depends on what you're looking for and where you're coming from. Assuming you're coming from the west I would definitely stop in Pittsburgh on your way out there. In the general Pittsburgh area you have a couple of...
  2. S

This Week in Western PA

Just a quick batch of photos from my most recent trip. I lucked out with some incredible lighting all week so I was able to get some pretty nice shots. Locations and railroads are varied - enjoy! 12R rolling north along the Susquehanna River on its way to Binghamton. On the near side of...
  3. S

Shortlines and Regionals of Pennsylvania

Long time, no see - hard to believe I once had the free time to browse all of these rail-related forums. I've still been out quite regularly though, so here are some photos of shortline action throughout the state of PA. Northbound Buffalo & Pittsburgh train RISI (Riker-Salamanca) passes...
  4. S

BPRRs WAER, Warren to Erie PA Trun

Great work! Always enjoy seeing pics of the Buffalo and Pittsburgh, especially the branches on the edge of the system.
  5. H3W

H3W

H3W heads into Enola Yard with a train of loaded coal hoppers.
  6. UP 6185

UP 6185

Former SP 137.
  7. 21M

21M

Although the foliage is still lacking in this region, NS provides their own color in the form of 21M with KCS and SP power trailing.
  8. S

Comment by 'ssw9662' in media 'Westbound at Sunrise'

This was taken at Bethlehem, PA.
  9. Westbound at Sunrise

Westbound at Sunrise

A westbound intermodal heads through Bethlehem in the early morning.
  10. Conklin, NY

Conklin, NY

Conklin is the location of CP's yard in the Binghamton area. As the snow falls on the first day of December, a pair of GP9u's switch cars around in the yard.
  11. Emmaus, PA

Emmaus, PA

Located on Norfolk Southern's Reading Line, Emmaus is a small town located a few miles west of Allentown. Here, 39G heads east a few minutes before sunset.
  12. Alcos in the Rain

Alcos in the Rain

A trio of Delaware-Lackawanna Alcos sit in the rain in Scranton.
  13. Strasburg 475

Strasburg 475

The 475 is nearing the end of its run as it passes through the countryside.
  14. Pulling into Strasburg

Pulling into Strasburg

The 90 arrives at the station in Strasburg.
  15. Reading

Reading

The Reading departs Strasburg.
  16. Afternoon Run

Afternoon Run

Strasburg 90 at Groff's Grove.
  17. Horsepower

Horsepower

An iron horse passes two real horses just outside of Strasburg.
  18. Through the Fields

Through the Fields

A train led by the 90 heads through the cornfields outside of Strasburg.
  19. SRC 90

SRC 90

Strasburg 90 pulls into the station at Strasburg.
  20. Old Rivets

Old Rivets

The first GG1 built, the 4800, sits outside at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)