Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. BNSFEng

Woodinville, WA Sub being removed.

I saw last week watching loaders, bulldozers and cranes removing rail and ties in the Woodinville, WA area. I've seen trains on that line since 1961 when I was 5 years old! I would had pictures but I was crying so much my camera was so wetted I couldn't take any. Whew! I don't know if someone...
  2. BNSFEng

Hook from Interbay fell over in a period from 1978-1983. Trying to remember when I took the pictures

I had been at the BN/BNSF convention in Vancouver, WA this year. Our president wants us to show some pictures for our magazine. I got a bunch but need to get the date of these six pictures. Now I live where that accident happened in Sultan, WA. The City Hall people are too young. The Information...
  3. BNSFEng

SD75I-3? at Interbay. BNSF 283 is at the service track at Interbay Roundhouse 8/28

I saw the repainted and overhauled BNSF 283, SD75I this evening, Monday August 28, 2017, at the Interbay Roundhouse service tracks. From other peoples pictures, I couldn't tell if -3 is added to the engine name on the side of the frame near the nose like the GP60M-3's are now identified. The...
  4. BNSFEng

Rare GP 60M @ Interbay, WA and in new paint BNSF paint scheme.

When I went by Interbay with my commuter train, this evening, I saw the first GP60M in Seattle in many years plus the very first one in the BNSF orange and green scheme that I've seen. Engine was BNSF 104. Don't know if it's just visiting or is joining the 4 GP60 B units in the area for local...
  5. BNSFEng

The first new SOUNDER cab car, one of nine to be delivered arrived 7/24/2017

The first of nine new SOUNDER Commuter train cab cars has arrived from Thunder Bay, Ontario and is at the Amtrak Yard in Seattle, WA. Here, they will receive final assembly of electronics and extensive testing leading to certification for SOUNDER Commuter service. Notable changes over previous...
  6. BNSFEng

All 8 of the new SC-44s for Amtrak Cascades are on the property.

Sorry no pictures but all 8 of the new SC-44 Chargers are on track 406 at Amtrak's Holgate Yard. You can see them easily from public property on Holgate Street.
  7. BNSFEng

Siiemens SC-44 engine 4611 on the move soon.

Last night they were testing the new Siemens SC-44 Charger engine #4611 in the Amtrak yard at Holgate Street in Seattle, WA and taking it to the Coach Y for clearance testing. It will be going to Vancouver, BC and Portland, OR over the next couple of days so be on the look out for it. This is...
  8. BNSFEng

First SP&S engine

This was taken along the waterfront of Seattle in Spring 1973. There was two geeps towing this dead SP&S C636 engine and train to Stacy yard. I had never seen an SP&S engine ever before and luckily I had my camera with color slide film. I had just got my drivers license a few days before at 16...
  9. BNSFEng

Burlington to Anacortes access /Mount Vernon, WA Siding Improvement Work

Here are some shots from my trip to Mount Vernon and Burlington, WA on Saturday March 7th. I know some work had gone on up there but I had not been to the area for over a year. 1. Here is a Loaded Oil train headed to Fildago on the Anacortes Branch. This is at West Stackpole Rd. which will...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back