Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. The local from Paradise

The local from Paradise

Heading east from Eddy, MT MRL's Paradise Local heads back towards Paradise 10-27-08 with just one car.
  2. MRL 382 East

MRL 382 East

MRL's eastbound gas local just west of Eddy, MT is headed back to Missoula 10-27-08 with units 382/4308.
  3. BNSF 4658 West

BNSF 4658 West

A westbound H-KCKPAS crawls across the Clark Fork River at Colby, ID 7-10-07 with Boeing cars including four 737's destined for my hometown of Renton, WA.
  4. BNSF 4928 East

BNSF 4928 East

The temperature was around 19 degrees with a stong wind blowing near Cocolalla, ID on the BNSF's Funnel as this eastbound Z-train came howling around the curve at speed on 1-20-08. After taking the photo I made a quick dash back to the truck as it WAS cold!
  5. BNSF 7722 West

BNSF 7722 West

BNSF westbound waits for a new crew at Ellensburg, WA on the Stampede Sub 3-3-07
  6. Beating the storm out of Town

Beating the storm out of Town

BNSF 862 leads an empty grain train out of Auburn, WA towards Stampede Pass on 4-16-05 as a storm approaches from behind.
  7. Tuscor

Comment by 'Tuscor' in media 'Heavy Snow at Dusk'

Thanks to all who voted for my photo as well as loran01 and Misko for their kind comments. I appreciate it! Brian Ambrose
  8. EMD 9020 West in Seattle

EMD 9020 West in Seattle

Westbound stack train with EMD 9020 leading moves thru Galer Street just south of Interbay.
  9. Heavy Snow at Dusk

Heavy Snow at Dusk

Working in dynamics this westbound BNSF stack train with 3 SD40-2's works downgrade on Stevens Pass. December 2004 Photo of the Month Winner The subject was "Extreme Weather"
  10. Tree shadows!!

Tree shadows!!

Chasing this westbound BN train with 4 UP SD40-2's on the MRL I wanted this shot west of Missoula, MT, location of the 1966 NP calendar shot. Perfect light and I clicked the shutter seconds too soon!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back