Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. T

Hi from South Louisiana

Do you know of any Linux programs that support ATCS?
  2. T

Hi from South Louisiana

It's not so much the heat and humidity, but the crime.
  3. T

Hi from South Louisiana

There has been some changes since I posted this. BNSF Lafayette Subdivision is still my favorite line, but my second favorite line is now the Kansas City Southern New Orleans Subdivision. Lately I have very much fascination with that said line. Also, my scanners I use for foaming have...
  4. T

Railroad Company Issue Industrial Flashlights

I've been a flashlight collector most of my life, but I am giving up on it. Well, Except for the collecting of railroad flashlights. I will still collect models that are used (and have been used in the past) by train crews, signal and track maintenance workers and even railroad police...
  5. T

Uniden BC75XLT

I just said that. Why are you repating?
  6. T

Louisiana Railroad Yard [and Mainline] Frequencies

Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it.
  7. T

Louisiana Railroad Yard [and Mainline] Frequencies

I am trying to compile a list of the yard and mainline frequencies for all Class 1 lines in Louisiana. I want to save it as a text file and keep it on my phone as a note, so I can have a frequency reference whenever I am foaming in the said state. I will also forward the information to...
  8. T

Uniden BC75XLT

I will be getting the aforementioned scanner as soon as I get my gift card for turning on U-Verse. From what I have seen on Youtube, it looks to have loud and clear reception. My question is: How well does it preform when near WiFi equipment. And not just WiFi equipment, but...
  9. T

What Commodities Could Return To The Rails?

The sugar (and molasses) factory in my town receives raw cane by truck (there are no longer any tracks where the cane is harvested.) It ships out molasses via rail but the raw sugar is shipped out by truck to be further refined at other sugar factories. They are building a depot in my town...
  10. T

Understanding the Contents of a CTC Conversation

Right, I am well familiar with TWC and how it works. The Lafayette Subdivision uses TWC and ABS. What would a CTC conversation sound like? I hardly ever get to hear one and when I do, it's not the whole thing since my scanner isn't up to par. It explains plenty that there is sometimes no...
  11. T

I had tried it when I had a Windows computer but my scanner didn't pick up the 800 MHz band. Now I have two scanners that pick it up, but no computer with Windows. What about EOT monitor?
  12. T

I have trouble understaning the contents of a conversation between dispatchers and train crews when they are using CTC. It is mainly because the only railroad within range of my scanners is the Union Pacific Livonia Subdivision and I hardly ever hear them. I don't know if this is a technical...
  13. T

Hi from South Louisiana

Hello. I have had an account for this forum for a few months, but this is my first post (that I know of.) My two favorite lines are the BNSF Lafayette Subdivision (runs through my town) and the Union Pacific Livonia Subdivision. I do most of my foaming on the former. I don't go around the...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back