Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. U

Reading and Northern Trip

Hump? What Hump??? OK, couldn't resist... I will agree although I am not a big fan of the high hood, but I still like them... We had a lot of GP38's here for the local jobs, but I don't know what they are using these days, it's been a bit since I've been trackside. Nice pictures...
  2. U

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2019

Yep, so much for Red, White, and Blue... :confused: Oh, maybe that the "Silver Streek"? :rolleyes: Always nice pictures... ;)
  3. U

Hello from Boston

Welcome aboard also... :-) Feel free to "pop off" questions any time. :rolleyes: Also, nice to have train blood in the family history too... Good luck with your search. Also, look in the Steam section of this forum for more info and I think, (it's been a long time) that Bob has an all steam...
  4. U

Signal Switch Stand info needed

I'm not totally sure, but back in the day, they did have switch tenders who were guys that manned the switches in the yards, but on the main lines it would have been the train crew and most likely the brakeman at the head end. You mention a station which leads me to think you're talking about a...
  5. U

UP BigBoy 4014 Midwest Tour

I'm thinking it will not make it to Phoenix and just run the Sunset line since the trip TO Phoenix would have a pretty tight turn in the Tempe area when the line turns from north to west. I think that it would be too long to make that turn, but you just never know... Might be looking at a trip...
  6. U

UP BigBoy 4014 Midwest Tour

I like it too! Great job. Now if it will just swing out to Phoenix one of these days... :p
  7. U

Thanks for the explanation on that. Seems reasonable to me and I will have to say, that "Fowling Point 500" sign didn't even register to me and that's another sign I've not seen before either. Boy, it HAS been a long time for me... :( I would guess that you would fowl the other track in 500 feet...
  8. U

Nice indeed... Interesting sign there too, Signal Overlap? I don't believe I've ever seen one like that. I wonder how the signals are read in this case and why is there overlap in the first place? Maybe I should post this in a different forum? Love the vivid colors in these shots...;)
  9. U

Comment by 'UP Scott' in media 'Wrecked CP 8644'

Kind of a ironic picture if the cause of the accident was breaks, the shop in the background might have helped? :rolleyes:
  10. U

Sorry Bill, I meant the old Santa Fe Blue scheme. I thought they were called Blue Bonnets? It's been a while... :oops: Please forgive me, I haven't been trackside in a very long time, I need to do a refresh... ;)
  11. U

Cassandra & Horseshoe Curve PA

I guess once you tune up the rest of the locomotive and you need to get some additional efficiency out of the system, go to AC... I'm kind of surprised this wasn't done a long time ago... I'll bet someone came up with a conversion "kit" kind of thing to do this, that's a fair amount of work I...
  12. U

That IS a nice line up. One of these days I should try to get back over to the Mobest yard here in Phoenix and see if the Blue Bonnet's are still there. They had 2 I think that were RC's and at one time there were a few War Bonnets in the yard too. I might even have a shot of one in my archives...
  13. U

For 40 Years, Crashing Trains Was One of America’s Favorite Pastimes

Exactly, what's a little show without risk anyway??? :eek: BTW, I really liked that Adams Family link, I had forgot all about that, thanks for reminding me Bill, now I really feel older... :rolleyes:
  14. U

IAIS 6988 Menlo, IA 6-29-2019

Brad, Great photos as always. I like the wind turbines in the background too, it's a mix of future and past in the same shot, so to speak... I want to say that if you look way back here in the forum, you can find photos of some steam locomotives when they were delivered to the US and I think one...
  15. U

British freight hauled by locomotives built in the USA

WOW! What a face lift! Starting at the running gear on up! :eek: I suspect the drive and under the hood stuff is somewhat the same but that's about it... Nice pictures and thanks for posting them, I had no idea that EMD built those, well, most of those loco's. That said, I have always wondered...
  16. U

Newbie Curiosity

Hi Bob, I don't have an exact answer here, but I have seen pictures of "what's under the hood" someplace but I can't recall where. That said, be sure to look through the pictures section here on the forum and see if someone had some here or not. It's nice to just look anyway, but if I remember...
  17. U

I love those "Old Soldiers", that classic tri-color paint of Gray, Rust, and the Bloody nose... I guess these are now quad-color with the UP patch, (door and cover too), but what are ya gonna do??? Got to say, they take a licking and keep on ticking! Nice shots and picture quality.
  18. U

The 2019 CWS train travels through downtown Omaha.

Very nice, I love the vivid colors in those shots!
  19. U

Comment by 'UP Scott' in media 'Looking Real Good'

I like this a lot... I have a few of the old Cotton Belt and some of the SP's and I need to look and see if this might be one I have also. It would have been in the Phoenix area and I'm not sure where this one was, Taylor? Nothing like good old bloody nose with 2 tone rust and gray... Gota Love...
  20. U

BNSF's Panhandle Sub

Interesting... Thanks Bill, I wasn't sure about that, I don't believe I've seen them before until now. I would have thought something different for that function, but... :-) Thanks again.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back