Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. E

Fictional MWC Railroad Paint Scheme Survey

Now with safety striping on both ends! Also did a boxcar. The MWC logo works really well in this application.
  2. E

Thanks for the advice...that was another question of mine, whether to go with the V like some shortlines, or to go with the "peak", like the BN. I hope to incorporate the MWC logo on rolling stock...never thought about using it on switchers/slugs. That does sound like a good idea, since they do...
  3. E

Here's a version, with safety striping on the short hood.
  4. E

Good idea! Will try that out...look for another reply with some images by the end of the day. :)
  5. E

Hi all! I'm currently developing a fictional Class 1 railroad, the Midwest Connecting. More info will come with the soon-to-exist website, but right now, I'm working on choosing a paint scheme for the equipment. I've narrowed down my choices to six, all based on a combination of Rock Island's...
  6. E

progress/emd tier 4

Per Trains Magazine, EMD plans on having test units out by 2017, at the latest...until then, the ECO rebuild programs will be the only "new" diesels coming out, with the exception of the urea-treated F125s.
  7. E

IC E9s for Sale

Canadian National has placed IC E8s 100 and 101 (ex BN E9AMs built as CBQ E8s) up for auction...CN is still holding on to E8s 102 and 103 in CN paint for their business train. https://www.cn.ca/-/media/Files/About%20CN/Surplus-Assets/Locomotive-2014-Sale-Tender-EN.pdf
  8. E

BNSF Locomotive Renumbering

Another update: Having rode on the BNSF on the SW Chief, I was able to observe some renumbered slugs The TEBC6s (and all BNSF slugs) were renumbered from the 2xx series to the xx series, and the slugs did receive BN reporting marks, so as to not mess with BNSF's business car numbering. On units...
  9. E

Thanks BNSFEng! Some pictures of 14xx SD60Ms have now showed up on RRPA, among other sites. Additionally, the B40-8 renumbering to the 5xx series has been confirmed, as SD70ACe deliveries approach the 86xx series. At least 1 has been renumbered so far, to 564...
  10. E

BNSF is acquiring 275 more ES44C4s, to be numbered 8007-8281, requiring the renumbering of BNSF's SD60Ms, SD75Ms, and SD75Is. It has been confirmed that BNSF's SD75 fleet (8200-8301) is being renumbered into the 200-301 series. Those that were already in service at the time of this decision...
  11. E

Scrapping EMD SD40-2 Locomotives

Is this the NRE shops in Mount Vernon? I know that Helm has sent quite a few SD40s here to be scrapped. Do you know if they have scrapped any SD40As, as HLCX has had them stored for years?
  12. E

Comment by 'ECIRailfan' in media 'TALOMA Grain GP9 #92 Allen Station San Jose Il'

This is an ex-BLOL unit, which explains the CBQ theme. They just repainted over the colors but kept the details.
  13. FFGC 903

FFGC 903

FFGC (Fisher Farmer's Grain and Coal) 903, an ex-CRIP EMD SW900, sits at the grain elevators in Thomasboro during the off season. Photo taken on June 16th with an iPhone 4 camera.
  14. E

Comment by 'ECIRailfan' in media 'BNSF#9647(Vomit Bonnet)'

Nice! While I wish that they could have had these two units leading (I'm actually a fan of 9647), it is still pretty cool to be able to see them. I'm still waiting to see 9647 myself.
  15. E

Comment by 'ECIRailfan' in media 'BNSF 972558 Rotary Snowplow'

Very nice! I love the F7B in front of the plow!
  16. E

Comment by 'ECIRailfan' in media 'BNSF # 336'

Very nice! I wish I could see one of these.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back