Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. 7

Hobo Full Length Feature Film Hopping Cargo Trains.

I've watched almost all of his videos. Good stuff! Ironically he was killed about a year ago by an Amtrak outside of Baltimore. RIP Stobe!
  2. 7

CN and Wall Lake IA June 27, 2015

The Bayard branch of the BNSF used to be the Milwaukee Road Omaha mainline. I believe it is all gone east of Perry.
  3. 7

Wyoming Coal Train Hotspots

June should still be green and not hot yet.
  4. 7

You are welcome! I am jealous . I haven't been through the area in about 10 years . My oldest brother still lives in Sheridan. I need to take the family on a trip there soon. Preferably summer.
  5. 7

I should also add after living there you should be able to find lodging etc. in Sheridan, Gillette, and Douglas , Wyoming which is at the southern end of the joint line. I have not been to the area in about 10 years but I was never hassled and there are billions of good photo spots without...
  6. 7

If you are coming from Montana make sure you stop in Sheridan,Wyoming. Take the 5th street exit from I-90 east towards Wyarno. On the way you will see the BNSF and the cutoff to the Decker Coal mines in Montana is at Dutch. You can't possibly miss it. You can also take Lower Prairie Dog rd...
  7. 7

Riding Private Car from LA to Oakland - Railfan Trip

Thanks for the videos! I saw those cars parked at the Amtrak yard in LA last week from the 10 freeway. I wondered where they were headed.
  8. 7

Why is BNSF not repainting their old diesel locomotives to the new paint scheme?

I wish the Big New Santa Fe would do what UP and NS have done and have a true heritage fleet. I have grown sick of the pumpkin puke locos. They are just plain ugly.
  9. 7

Industries along the tracks: Breweries

The Budweiser brewery in Van Nuys has rail service. Same with Fort Collins. Coors has its own switcher.
  10. 7

2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

Ames is a great place to railfan! I grew up in North Iowa and remember the first time seeing a Falcon piggyback flying through the ISU campus. I was blown away at the speed after growing up in a town with a 10 mph Rock Island branch line. That was back in the late 70's early 80's.
  11. 7

Derailment at Devils Slide UT per Trainsmag Live Cam 213PM MT==5-4-14

I saw that too! Was watching the stream at the time.
  12. 7

SNOW Forecast for LARAMIE WY on THURS 5-8-14=BigBoy chase

I have been following it on Trains website. They have a live stream for a few hours every day. Not the greatest but a good attempt. Looking forward to see it heading to its homeland of Cheyenne!
  13. 7

BNSF Aerial shots I figured id share cajon pass

More more! That's awesome I for one hope to see more of that! Thank you for the video! I know Cajon pretty well but that is a new perspective to say the least.
  14. 7

NS: What exactly does a Storehouse clerk do?

The guys at Yard Limits could answer your question. Join and then scroll down to the NS forum. They will gladly oblige. The site is full of working engineers conductors and other railroad employees.
  15. 7

Black Thunder loadout/silo

The silo looks to be slipformed for sure.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back