Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Typical CSX Mudhole

Typical CSX Mudhole

This mudhole is located near the Maumee River bridge west of Defiance, Ohio. Ironically, MoW crews were working on the other main track about a mile east of here.
  2. IORY 4082

IORY 4082

Indiana & Ohio 4082 is switching at Hamler, Ohio. 4082 is ex-CP 5820.
  3. D

Comment by 'dti407' in media 'There's A Pair To Draw To'

Those may be ex-Ann Arbor.
  4. K185

K185

K185 Southbound at Deshler. Olympus C-5000Z
  5. Trailers Under The Bridge

Trailers Under The Bridge

The bridge I am standing on is located on the CSX Garrett Sub between Hicksville, Ohio, and St. Joe, Indiana. The bridge is a combination of wood and steel construction, and I got my share of warm exhaust when it went under the bridge.
  6. CSXT 7747

CSXT 7747

A CSX Dash 8 widecab leads a UP counterpart west towards Chicago.
  7. D

Comment by 'dti407' in media 'CSXT'S Nahunta Sub'

I like it coming out of the fog.
  8. NYSW 4054 at MP 107

NYSW 4054 at MP 107

Front axle is in the process of being changed, new front axle is behind the photographer. MP 107 is located south of Leipsic on the I&O's ex-DT&I main.
  9. West on one...

West on one...

CSX AC4400CW 379 leads a westbound stack train across the diamonds at Deshler.
  10. BNSF SD75M in Ohio

BNSF SD75M in Ohio

This warbonnet SD75M heads a coal drag west on the CSX Garrett Subdivision, with a NS horsehead Dash 9 as additional power.
  11. BNSF SD75M in Ohio

BNSF SD75M in Ohio

This warbonnet SD75M heads a coal drag west on the CSX Garrett Subdivision, with a NS horsehead Dash 9 as additional power.
  12. AC6000CW in Pencil

AC6000CW in Pencil

Basically the same as http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=21352
  13. AC6000CW in Pencil

AC6000CW in Pencil

Basically the same as http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=21352
  14. CSX Q139-25

CSX Q139-25

One of CSX's 6000 horsepower GE's handles a Portsmouth VA-Chicago (via Cleveland OH) train easily. (edited and reuploaded)
  15. CSX Q139-25

CSX Q139-25

One of CSX's 6000 horsepower GE's handles a Portsmouth VA-Chicago (via Cleveland OH) train easily. (edited and reuploaded)
  16. D

Comment by 'dti407' in media 'Blue Island, Illinois'

It is a B23-7. ex-SCL 5104
  17. D

Comment by 'dti407' in media 'Sole Survivor'

My records show that GTW 6420 (ex-DT&I 420) and 6425 are the only ex DT&I GP40-2's left on the GTW/CN.
  18. Far From Home

Far From Home

These BNSF run-through units are hauling a loaded Powder River coal train eastbound through northwest Ohio. BNSF 5512 is a C44-9W (also known as a Dash 9-44CW).
  19. Westbound Coal Drag

Westbound Coal Drag

A coal drag blasts through the small village of Holgate. Two GE AC4400CW's are handling this train.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back