Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. V

Nordkraft Nygård Kraftwerk

Last summer (2014) holiday I found this small industrial railway application belonging to the Nordkraft Nygård Kraftwerk, (a hydropower station) along the E6/E10 near Trældal just north of Narvik (Norway), well above the Arctic Circle. No big trains, not even a locomotive is sight nevertheless...
  2. V

Modern Railway Cathedral

Modern Railway Cathedral On my way south for a short holiday in October 2012, I had to change trains at the Liège-Guillemins station (Belgium) while waiting for my next train I took the opportunity to take some photos. The Liège-Guillemins station got a complete transformation after a design...
  3. V

A rainy day above the Arctic Circle

Do you really need sunshine and clear blue skies on order to take railway photos? I took these three photos in Björnfjell (Norway) early in July 2012 while it was raining cats and dogs. Björnfjell is located along the Ofotbanen/Malmbannan, which has been built for transporting iron ore from...
  4. V

Heavy haul Swedish style

Introduction In northern Sweden there are large deposits of iron ore at Kiruna and Malmberget, both locations are well above the Arctic Circle. The ore gained there is transshipped by train to Narvik, an ice-free harbor in Norway, also well above the Arctic Circle and Luleå in Sweden, just...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.