Cp fa-2 a & b 4090/4469

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

EMDGP30

Last July I was working on the CP in British Columbia and had to go to Cranbrook.

While there I saw this on public display next to the CO main.

IMG_0331 (1).jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0335 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful restoration with the classic CP paint scheme. I hope the town eventually gets a roof over the diesels so they don't start rusting away like ones you see in many outdoor displays.

I meant to add this pic with the one above; it was on a display about the history and restoration of the two units.

"While the 4090's time in the west was short, it was eventful.

On March 3rd, 1956 the 2.5 year old locomotive had the misfortune to hit a snow slide and fell into Kootenay Lake.

IMG_1234.jpg

This was not the first incident resulting from operations through the inhospitable terrain of southern British Columbia and #4090 had already been damaged in a previous mishap. There is evidence of several repairs still visible on the nose. During the course of these earlier repairs, minor changes were made to its appearance, the most noticeable being the re-positioning of the headlight, a feature that distinguishes the 4090 from others its class.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back