Recent content by Zoohogger

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Zoohogger

NKP 190 On The Move

That is One phenominal photo of 190.
  2. Zoohogger

NKP 190 On The Move

I guess I missed it. I will just think of the gas that I saved not driving around
  3. Zoohogger

NKP 190 On The Move

Pic 3 is my favorite. Anybody know when the train will start south towards nebraska?
  4. Zoohogger

I'm at the controls of a locomotive... what do I do now?

It is how it works. You must know and pass tests on the general code of operating rules, you will have safety rules to know and be tested on. Many things you will learn and be enforced by your training period. If you are an engineer you should know the route, the grades up and down and will have...
  5. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

I love the low angle, light stack, beautiful shots.
  6. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Got a little bit of time for myself after risking life and limb putting up Christmas lights. Went to Cullom, Nebraska (Creston Sub, west of Plattsmouth). Short eastbound, 2 westbound, then another eastbound. 1. East bound 5342 pulls up to the east switch and stops. 2 . BNSF 5342 3. Westbound...
  7. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Those look great. I really like the third photo.
  8. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

well, it’s still a nice photo. I can’t say I‘ve ever seen 3 different Amtrak schemes at one time.
  9. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

#2. I really like the lighting. Elkhorn always was a hit and miss place for me.
  10. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Nicely done Tom. Did you have a long wait?
  11. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Oh my gosh, where did the old plain white one go. this is much better.
  12. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

It was a dull, cloudy day in Eastern Nebraska. Heading to Oakland to visit mom-in-law I stopped in Fremont and saw something I have never been able to catch (in 50 years). The UP switcher was on the south side of the CB&Q and getting ready to cross the diamond. The BNSF had a train running...
  13. Zoohogger

Union Pacific Streamliner

That would be a fun scene to model. maybe not in front of the station, but on the ready track.
  14. Zoohogger

Independence, Oregon..Steam Returns SMV 205

Went to visit my son and his family in Oregon. It happen that Wednesday Sept 1 was a test steaming of the Santa Maria Valley 205 at Independence. we spent the day there and I photographed the activity. 205 will be heading to Lebanon, OR soon to be used on the Albany and Eastern excursion trains...
  15. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Yeah, what he said……. Same trip. #1 eastbound manifest at a rural road overpass near Balfor, Iowa #2 the 6032 from the other side of the wooden bridge. #3 looking north from the old HWY 34 bridge towards P. Jct, Iowa

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back