Recent content by round_house

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. round_house

Some New Durango Silverton Pics

These are pics I took on the fall photo charter in 2013. I've done a few fall charters on the Silverton and this one was one of the best on the Silverton. The link is below
  2. round_house

Some Colorado RR Museum Santa Train Pics

It's about that time of year up in Golden in a few weeks. Here are some pics taken about 3 years ago when 40 was doing the Santa Special honors. Click on the link below and in the new pics gallery.
  3. round_house

491 roll out party and Colorado RR Museum pics

Hi All A buddy of mine Ken Smith and I went up for the 491 roll out party and took a lot of pics. It rained earlier and made for some great shots. Also got some shots around the roundhouse in the late light. A 100.00 well spent. Click on the link below and the New Pics gallery on the...
  4. round_house

Caboose Callery Gallery in a Caboose SG

When I run into people that post on the discussion boards some ask me about the Caboose Gallery my gallery in a CB&Q standard gauge wood caboose built in the 1890s. Here are some pictures and the info is on my website in the caboose gallery. If your in Littleton I'm there most Sat and Sun.
  5. round_house

Memorial Day Weekend Shot on the Loop

My favorite spot shooting trains high above Clear Creek crossing Devils Gate on a rainy cold Memorial Day Weekend on the Georgetown Loop.
  6. round_house

Burlington Station Renovation, Omaha, NE

Thanks for showing the picture Now I get an idea of the layout with two stations and a postal annex. That's interesting about the mail car still in ln the basement. There is a grain elevator north of Denver that still has two wooden box cars in it.
  7. round_house

Burlington Station Renovation, Omaha, NE

Brad How many trains went through the station a day When was the last train through the station. It looks like a good size station.
  8. His_First_Steam_Engine

His_First_Steam_Engine

Father and son railfanning at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden Colorado. DRGW 346 his First Steam Engine.
  9. 315 On The Highbridge

315 On The Highbridge

DRGW 315 crossing the Highbridge on the Durango Silverton RR in October of 2007 on a 3 day Trains Unlimited Tours Charter with engine 315.
  10. Colors At Union Station

Colors At Union Station

Taken at Union Station Denver Colorado. July 2007
  11. round_house

Comment by 'round_house' in media 'Frozen Dust'

Incredible shot Martin A photograph I wish I took
  12. round_house

Comment by 'round_house' in media 'The Galloping Goose'

7 is still in pieces but Goose 2 was running last summer at the museum. And of course RGS No4 runs on the Silverton and CTS in the summer.
  13. round_house

Comment by 'round_house' in media 'NS 136 Passes A41'

Very interesting Nice pic though
  14. round_house

Comment by 'round_house' in media 'Stormy Descent'

Fantastic!! Wish I took that shot
  15. round_house

Comment by 'round_house' in media 'CB&Q depot at Barstow, IL, August 28, 1966, photo by Chuck Zeiler'

Thanks for sharing a great story with a great photograph

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back