Recent content by njurgensen

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. njurgensen

Sunday with the 1943 and a couple other surprises

Great shots, Brad! Stuck at work until noon today. Hoping she hasn't left North Platte by then but won't hold my breath.
  2. njurgensen

Friday With UP1943

https://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/commemorative/1943-spirit/index.htm "A Boeing B-17 was christened the Spirit of the Union Pacific in 1943, recognizing employees who funded it through war bond contributions. The Spirit of the Union Pacific was assigned to the 571st Bomber Squadron and...
  3. njurgensen

Just South Of Council Bluffs IA

Always a catch to see something north of PJ. Great catch, Ed!
  4. njurgensen

UP 844 in Omaha, NE

Excellent shots Brad!
  5. njurgensen

UP 844 Jun 14 2017

Nice steam display you caught! Wish she steamed like that while on the Trek to Tennessee trip when I saw her. Great shots, Ed!
  6. njurgensen

Out and about in KCMO area

The delay coming up the Coffeyville Sub on Thursday wrecked havoc on my plans, so the day turned into a "see what you can find along the way." On The Road Again by Nathan Jurgensen Then the day it spent on display at Union Station. I waited for the crowds to die down Friday evening before...
  7. njurgensen

Thanks Ed! Had never seen running steam before. Can say I'm definitely hooked now. UP 844 by Nathan Jurgensen Hoping for more broad-side shots next time she comes around.
  8. njurgensen

Late reply, thanks Brad! Just one today. Chased the 844 as it departed town this morning. Got a few different shots from a few locations but left editing the other sites for later. For now, here she is as she exits Independence, MO. UP 844 by Nathan Jurgensen I'm already planning out...
  9. njurgensen

Can anyone recommend a book with really good railroad maps?

http://www.openrailwaymap.org/ I've found this to be a good resource. I usually get lost tracing abandoned lines on it and before I know it an hour has gone by....
  10. njurgensen

Happy National Train Day [Weekend} Thanks Bill! It's a frequent in the area and you can usually find it somewhere in town. ============================================================= Happy (belated) National Train Day, everyone. Hope you all were able to get out and see something moving...
  11. njurgensen

Monthly Update: My April schedule is a bit crazy right now with 3/6 fellow meteorologists at my place of employment away from work for the next week or two, leaving only three of us to cover a 24-hour operation. Needless to say, I won't make it out too often through the end of the month. Just...
  12. njurgensen

Lincoln, NE area shots

Some excitement in Lincoln's Hobson yard this morning. http://www.1011now.com/content/news/LFR-battles-early-morning-train-engine-fire-374361371.html My friend Curtis (works for a crew shuttle) shared a few shots with me (and gave me permission to share here). Typical GEVO toaster!
  13. njurgensen

Not fenced! I like that idea. Just a bit overgrown with vegetation, but I can handle it! I've gone back to posting all** of my photos on Flickr. *Deemed worthy Nathan Jurgensen It gives me a reason to get out with my camera. I love this hobby, particularly train and weather shots!
  14. njurgensen

KCS Headed for Home Rails Feb 21, 2016

Having lived in KC for roughly 5-6 months, I have yet to see a KCS train... Nice shots! Always wanted to check Firth out while I still lived in Lincoln.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back