Recent content by CGW101c

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. CGW101c

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Went out today to test a new microphone for the sound recorder, and it is supposed to be really cold and windy tomorrow, so this was the last warm day for a while. Went to Oreapolis and watched 5 or 6 trains go by.
  2. CGW101c

Some Old Slides Rerun

You are correct Bill. They were running it east to meet up with the Freedom Train. It came back through the next year or 2 and spent some time in Omaha getting the drivers turned. They actually did it by assembling some kind of setup to cut the tires while they were on the locomotive. They drug...
  3. CGW101c

BNSF's Napier Subdivision

one of Bill's favorite numbers. 2345. thanks for the pics. Hamburg only 50 miles from home
  4. CGW101c

How can I tell value of slides?

I agree with Bill. The pictures of railroad subjects that don't exist any more will be worth more, but only to somebody interested in the subject. My particular interest would Chicago Great Western in Iowa and Nebraska and EJ&E around Chicago. But many books have been published and many pictures...
  5. CGW101c

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

I have been watching the La Plata, MO web cam and there are regularly 12,000 and 16,000 ft trains. But no mountains to contend with across MO and KS. Keep those pics coming Bill, I do so enjoy the PNW.
  6. CGW101c

Apparently IAIS is running off some lease hours or something. Found a KCS and Greinstein (I obviously don't know how to spell it) going to pick up the UP transfer. There was another BNSF unit switching the old MILW yard. The ones in the snow are from the 9th of Nov. The 9465 is sitting at the...
  7. CGW101c

Forgot to mention that there was 5 or six BNSF locos in the IAIS shop tracks. not sure why
  8. CGW101c

Good stuff Ed. Here are some from today. The UP 4440 was on the head end of a Bunge grain train that had every street blocked from 16 ave(Rock Island Station) to 17 st on the old CB&Q tied up. I went up to the CN and came back and the train was still there. Many trucks and cars waiting to move...
  9. CGW101c

Found a NS locomotive traversing the old IC now CN today. Chased to Denison IA. He stopped to switch some cars at Dunlap. 1st pic is at Willet, where the CN crosses over the UP exCNW. Always hope for a train under too, but not today. UP 5500 parallel to the CN and the 737 heading east after...
  10. CGW101c

Deadhead Locomotives on the Southwest Chief

You sure do nice work.
  11. CGW101c

3 from today. UP 7978 at the north end of the IAIS, UP 4822 at the north end of the old CNW yard in Council Bluffs, and a view of the IC bridge over the Missouri River.
  12. CGW101c

Rainy day today but I thought I heard Amtrak so I headed for Oreapolis. 3 trains were sitting at various places in the area with the local #410 on the line that Amtrak would have gone down, so I was wrong. The signal was set for a UP train to cross so we sat around and waited. Heard the...
  13. CGW101c

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

I love fog...Thanks Bill
  14. CGW101c

Fall colors road trip. Started along the UP and Hwy 30 in Iowa. Caught a CN train around Woodbine and headed south for the BNSF and more color. Snow last week must have knocked a lot of leaves off the trees. Ubiquitous CB&Q bridge and dry and dusty, when a truck goes by, conditions at MP 450 or...
  15. CGW101c

Red maple trees are perfect. Others not ready yet. Here are some from Pacific Junction this evening. Was hoping for westbounds in the sunset but got eastbounds. Oh well. One EB after the sun was down a bit. Note Red Maple behind white house.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com