Recent content by CGW101c

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. CGW101c

Where is the Omaha Posse?

In the summer let's go measure the depot at Clarinda and make a model of it.
  2. CGW101c

It was stopped in the cut under HWY 6. Pic was taken from east side of the crossing on the street whose name escapes me right now. But if you continue west on 370 past HWY 6. that street. Jeff H: Where is the Oak Creek plant located?
  3. CGW101c

On Thursday the 17th at Missouri Valley was a line of shiny locomotives. The 15mm lens makes the 3000 look really long.
  4. CGW101c

Not sure how we went from 6-12 inches of snow to 2-5 to 1-3 and only got a tenth inch of ice and no snow. No meteorologists were fired as far as I know. Here are my 2 from yesterday and one unusual one from this morning. Hardly ever see an executive on the point much less stopped in Gretna. Must...
  5. CGW101c

Went north looking for blue sky and sun. Missouri Valley was better than Omaha but still not good. Lots of coal and hoppers today. Some headed for the "Pleasant Prairie". TV weather showed a bar graph with percentages of snow depths. 30% chance of 6-12" this weekend. 90% of 1-2". So there will...
  6. CGW101c

Sitting by the computer around 9am, I heard Amtrak outside. The BNSF is about 2 miles away and when the air is crisp I can hear the horns from here. I took off for Oreapolis. There was a train sitting on the south track and he was sitting west of my favorite location and Amtrak would have gone...
  7. CGW101c

That would explain why he was so much braver than the red tailed hawk that is usually there. I spent the whole time looking through the electronic view finder. Thanks Bill
  8. CGW101c

We got some more numbers today at Oreapolis. The 5517 meeting the 5715 and the DPU 5751 meeting the 5517. And 6666. Upside down is the elusive 9999. A Citirail and a Grienstien for good measure. And a hawk on a power pole that let me get close. It's about 50 degrees today. Probably blizzard next...
  9. CGW101c

Also this ICG hopper in the train.
  10. CGW101c

The last day of 2018 started as an above freezing, still morning and morphed into a cold windy day. Downtown fireworks were cancelled because of wind (32MPH). It was 4 degrees when I woke up this 2019 morning. I went to Oreapolis yesterday to record the sound of distant horns and passing trains...
  11. CGW101c

Here is a Now and Then. From the highway bridge over the old Milw and RI. Now is a connector to the old Milw to Bayard on the BNSF and the IAIS is to the right.
  12. CGW101c

As the earth begins it movement the other way, we find some BNSF westbounds at Pacific Jct and Oreapolis. First train came off the Napier Sub at Pacific Jct. Yard master must have said "Get this junk out of my yard before Christmas". Train had all kinds of stuff including 2 Boeing fuselages and...
  13. CGW101c

Just after the official solstice time I caught the IAIS 516 and 500 in Council Bluffs. Fog shrouded the town but here is the moon from last night. Happy Holidays to all.
  14. CGW101c

Some Old Slides Rerun

I sure likes F units.
  15. CGW101c

Some Old Slides Rerun

Conception Jct where the Wabash crossed over the CGW in Missouri.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com